Welcome to the Beautiful Bloggers tag!
This a blog tag dedicated to bloggers who have beautiful blogs and beautiful hearts. They're bloggers who are genuinely passionate about blogging and interact in a thoughtful manner with their followers and fellow bloggers. The tag is all about getting to know them and their blogs better.
Today's blogger is Hazel.
Hazel is the blogger behind Stay Bookish, where she usually talks about her favourite YA books and swoons over fictional characters.
I got the chance to have a fun chat with Hazel and to learn more about her and her amazing blog. Check out the interview below!
Stay Bookish is a place for book lovers. I started it back in June 2013. Beforehand, I'd been sharing book reviews on Goodreads and Tumblr occasionally but decided I wanted a space on the internet that I could call my own, where all my bookish thoughts would be. Trying to come up with a title, I pondered more about why I really wanted to create a book blog and realized it's so that I can continue being the bookish girl I was and fall constantly in love with books.
2) What are three interesting facts about you?
1. I watch anime. I marathon them every weekend and am always looking for more to check out.
2. I have a serious book buying problem. I can’t stop hoarding them, especially during sales. I’ve bought almost 150 this year, not counting ebooks or audiobooks.
3. I like to sing. Probably because I was born into a family that loved music and loved karaoke nights. I even sung a cover of Adele’s Hello which is around the internet somewhere. Yeah, that was embarrassing.
3) What do you love most about blogging?
Being able to talk about how much I love books. Before I was a blogger, I knew exactly two people who were as bookish as me. Now, I have a whole community I can engage with regarding books. It’s so wonderful to have that.
4) What has been the best moment of your blogging career so far?
Traveling to New York (from Manila!) to attend Book Expo America. Most amazing experience ever. This wouldn’t have happened if it weren’t for my book blog. It was such a fantastic opportunity to be a speaker on one of the blogger panels during the expo and it was so much fun to attend and meet so many authors and fellow bloggers.
5) What makes a book beautiful to you?
A beautiful book for me is something that makes my heart full. Something uplifting and inspiring and brave..
6) If you were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your basic game plan for survival?
Hiding behind my bookshelf with a big ass hardback to protect myself against zombies.
7) Which book character would you pick as a date?
Such a hard question. Do I have to date exclusively?? Because I literally can’t pick between Matt Finch, Etienne St. Clair, Noah Shaw, Adam Wilde, Joe Fontaine and Marcus Flutie. I’m all for polygamy when it comes to fictional boyfriends.
8) Which book character have you related to the most?
I’ve related to so many characters from the many YA contemporary books I’ve read. Imogen from Damsel Distressed, stands out most to me though, because of her body image.
9) If you could act in a movie adaptation of any book, what book would it be and what character would you be cast as?
If Since You’ve Been Gone ever becomes adapted to a movie, I’d love to play Emily. I think I can play off her character well since we’re so much alike.
10) If you could say anything to the people out there who follow your blog, what would it be?
I wish I could meet all of you! I hope that doesn’t sound slightly creepy but I just really appreciate my readers and would love to connect with them IRL. They’ve given me and my blog so much support and that just means the world.
A big thank you to Hazel for collaborating with me on this post!
Don't forget that you can connect with Hazel via her:
Have you discovered a new blog to add to your list? Do you have one to nominate for this tag?
Let me know in the comments section below!