Saturday 27 October 2012

Sweet Shadows ~ Taking Hair-Raising to the Next Level

Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls #2)
By Tera Lynn Childs

Rating: 4.6



I am interested in you, Gretchen." 


When I still won't look at him, he presses his fingers against my jaw and gently turns my face. He is looking straight in my eyes when he says, "I'm interested in you."

His midnight blues burn with an intensity that almost makes me believe him. Makes me want to believe him. He knows just the right thing to say to mess with my mind. He always has. He leans closer, watching me. His lips are a breath away from mine.

This time I'm not buying it.


My knee connects with his soft spot and he doubles over, gasping for air.


"Find your own way home," I snap before turning and marching back to my car
.'



Despite being the descendants of the Gorgons and Medusa, these girls do not have bad hair days. Go figure.

The kick-ass trio - Greer, Gretchen and Grace - have discovered that they're the much-anticipated Key Generation. 


But fancy title aside, being the Key Generation is more trouble than it's worth. There seem to be three groups of beings in this book...

Group #1: Those that want to kill the girls before they open the door and unleash the monsters:


Group #2: Those that want to kill the girls after they open the door and unleash the monsters:


Group #3: And those that will casually stand by and offer words of wisdom:


Overall this book really focused on the relationship between the three sisters and how each of them are brave and powerful in their own way. 


Whether they're able to see the future, teleport away from danger, or simply kick ass, each girl is an integral part of the Key Generation. And together they have the ability to save...or destroy...the world as we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...