Wednesday 5 October 2016

September 2016 ~ Wrap Up


September was a month filled with books and literary magic.

https://media.giphy.com/media/QumhCCynj3Yqc/giphy.gif

And today is about wrapping all of it up in a virtual bow and showcasing some of my fave reads and upcoming ones that September brought to my doorstep.

So without further ado, let's get wrapping!




Blog News

  • This blog turned 6 years old!! *cue the proud mama tears* A massive thank you to everyone for their constant love, kindness, and support throughout the years - it means the world.



Books & Stuff

  • I finished Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas and had my heart ripped from my chest #ALLTHEFEELS.
  • Fellow blogger and friend Library Luv and I started our buddy read of The Alchemist of Loom by Elise Kova.
  • Found a bunch of great reads to add to your ever-growing TBR lists! See my recs here.







I had the absolute pleasure of attending Allen & Unwin's YA Fan Fest 2016! It was a night to remember - from pigeon killers and kissing frogs, to the secrets to eternal youth and chocolate...it was a night full of fangirling and laughs.

From left to right: Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff, Garth Nix, Margo Lanagan, & Deborah Biancotti (and a very realistic Scott Westerfeld mask!).

Getting the chance to meet some of my absolute favourite authors on the planet was surreal. I'm still recovering from meeting Garth Nix (so many childhood feels!!) and Amie & Jay's banter was the best (they should be a comedy duo lol).

 For more pictures from the night check out the Allen & Unwin Facebook album here.


YA Fan Fest Haul


  • A goodie-filled tote bag including: Spellslinger cards, Illuminae bookmark and poster, chocolate, mini plushie, a YA Fan Fest super proof, & a selection of YA titles.
  • Book boyfriend soaps (Will, Percy, and Rhysand) and book boyfriend lip balm (Rhysand special edition) by Behind the Pages.
  • Goldenhand by Garth Nix.
  • Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan, & Deborah Biancotti. 
  • My nails done by The Bookish Manicurist.
  • Andromeda Cycle tattoos.










September was a month of no self control quite a bit of book buying plus many ARCs!

I had an overall haul total of 18 print books (ebooks not included) which are a combination of publisher and author ARCs, freebies, buys, and birthday gifts.

Below are the titles featured + my thoughts so far on them.




Read


  • YA Fan Fest 16 super proof
    • Thoughts: So, so good! Contained lots of sneak peeks into upcoming 2016 and 2017 titles. And made me realise just how many new books are coming out (how will I keep up?!).
  • The Last Beginning by Lauren James
    • Thoughts: Loved the main protagonist! Full review here.
  • London Belongs To Us by Sarra Manning
    • Thoughts: Quirky and charming from the very first page. Full review here.
  • Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
    • Thoughts: Still not fully recovered enough to review this one! It was so incredibly good - swept me away, made me feel such a range of emotions...and then that ending. There aren't words!
https://67.media.tumblr.com/6bdef0167295fad3d64ee1d657a8c3e5/tumblr_o7dsswmwWv1utblflo1_500.gif

  • The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye
    • Thoughts: If Russian fairytales and The Night Circus had a stunning baby this would be it! Evelyn is so, so talented and her world and characters are a joy to read about.


Currently Reading


  • Ruined by Amy Tintera 
    • Thoughts: I'm so happy I decided to buy this title - it's been on my TBR for awhile now and I'm excited to get into it.
  • Recreated by Colleen Houck
    • Thoughts: After that cliffhanger at the end of Book #1, I was super happy to get my hands on Book #2. Now I'm just holding out for a HEA *crosses fingers*
  • RoseBlood by A. G. Howard
    • Thoughts: SO SO SO SO SO SO SO GOOOOOOOD!! I thought I was a Phantom of the Opera fangirl before...now I'm well and truly obsessed! I never want to be parted from this book :)
https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1452789530ra/17743737.gif

  • The Destined by E. J. Mellow 
    • Thoughts: How...how are we at the finale?! I feel like it was just yesterday I was starting this epic series. I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye :(
  • The Alchemists of Loom
    • Thoughts: Just as good - if not better than - Elise's Air Awakens series. Prepare to become addicted!


To Read


  • The Door That Led To Nowhere by Sally Gardner
  • Moth Girls by Anne Cassidy
  • Dante's Inferno
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta
  • The Mercy Falls Collection by Colleen Coble
  • The Monstrous Child by Francesca Simon
  • Goldenhand by Garth NIx
  • Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan, & Deborah Biancotti


 









Added these two beauties to my TBR last month. I was drawn in by their blurbs and eye-catching covers!



Learn more about The Graces here.

Learn more about Hunted here.










Time for three recommendations: a book extra, a book product, and book.



  • Book extras: Do you like free reads? Ilona Andrews has just the thing! Read her Innkeeper Chronicles online here.
  • Book product: I am seriously in love with Gina from Behind the Pages' range of book boyfriend products. They smell SO GOOD! Plus, as a person with sensitive skin, I was happy to discover that they were calming and didn't cause any kind of skin irritation. Rhys' soap and lip balm are my number 1 pick - the scent of citrus and jasmine is yummy and addictive (just like Rhys lol). Gina also sells stunning bookmarks plus her most recent line of products is book girlfriend themed (*praise hands*) so be sure to check those out.
  • Book: The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye. I know I mentioned it earlier as a part of my book haul, but honestly it's one of my top recs of 2016. If you haven't read it and experienced its brand of literary magic...do so!








What was your fave September read or TBR addition?

http://media.giphy.com/media/oWLl4NuDNqemk/giphy.gif

Let me know in the comments below!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...