Saturday 24 October 2015

Swoon Worthy Saturday ~ Abbi Glines' West Ashby

Hosted by: Stay Bookish

It's Swoon Worthy Saturday! 

Saturday is a day for swooning. Swoon Worthy Saturday is a weekly meme where in we present a fictional boy who has swept us off our feet, given us butterflies, made our heart do acrobatics and driven us absolutely crazy!

This Saturday's pick is the wickedly gorgeous West Ashby from author Abbi Glines' book Until Friday Night (The Field Party #1)


About the guy

West Ashby is that guy: the cocky, popular, way-too-handsome-for-his-own-good football god. But while West may be Big Man on Campus on the outside, on the inside he’s battling the grief that comes with watching his father slowly die of cancer. 

West's world changes again when he opens up to the one girl who he knows won’t tell anyone else: Maggie Carleton. Together he and Maggie begin to help heal one another, forming a strong friendship that may just lead to something more...

West undergoes a lot of character development throughout Until Friday Night. Although super hot and very bad-boy-esque, the West before his encounter with Maggie was definitely not the type of guy I'd have a fictional crush on.

But Maggie eventually helps him to realise the kind of man he wants to be, and by the end of Until Friday Night I was tearfully wishing that I had a West of my own!



Another one of my fave quotes is one that speaks volumes about how considerate West can be:
I want to be there for you, Maggie. I don’t . . .” He stopped and glanced off toward the town’s lights below us. “I don’t want you to feel like you always have to be my strength. I want to be that for you, too.” He shifted his gaze back to me. “I want to mean to you what you mean to me.



Did you swoon? Have you read the Until Friday Night? Let me know in the comment's section below!

Also, be sure to let me know which fictional male you think I should blog about next ;)

 ____________

About the book

To everyone who knows him, West Ashby has always been that guy: the cocky, popular, way-too-handsome-for-his-own-good football god who led Lawton High to the state championships. But while West may be Big Man on Campus on the outside, on the inside he’s battling the grief that comes with watching his father slowly die of cancer.  

Two years ago, Maggie Carleton’s life fell apart when her father murdered her mother. And after she told the police what happened, she stopped speaking and hasn’t spoken since. Even the move to Lawton, Alabama, couldn’t draw Maggie back out. So she stayed quiet, keeping her sorrow and her fractured heart hidden away.  

As West’s pain becomes too much to handle, he knows he needs to talk to someone about his father—so in the dark shadows of a post-game party, he opens up to the one girl who he knows won’t tell anyone else.  

West expected that talking about his dad would bring some relief, or at least a flood of emotions he couldn’t control. But he never expected the quiet new girl to reply, to reveal a pain even deeper than his own—or for them to form a connection so strong that he couldn’t ever let her go…


Add it to your bookshelf!


2 comments:

  1. Okay, reading these quotes from West make me want to grab my copy of UFN and read it NOW. :) I pre-ordered my copy and *still* haven't managed to get to it yet. (Hate when I do that!) Abbi seriously knows how to write some swoon worthy guys so I can't wait to meet West for myself.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling well! I'll grab/order a bunch of really good books but it'll take me forever to get to them :(

      Hopefully you'll get a chance to read UFN soon and meet the swoon-worthy bad boy that is West!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...