Saturday 5 December 2015

A Day Spent In My Favourite Book ~ Guest Post by Library Luv


The best part about blogging is the blogger community. 

Running this blog has given me the chance to meet so many incredible people, including fellow bloggers. 

One of these bloggers is Library Luv.

Library Luv runs Beyond The Book Reviews and is a book blogger of mostly YA fiction. And can I just say that I'm so excited to have her back on my blog as a guest blogger! Working with her is lots of fun and her posts are always so creative.

I hope you all love her post - an imaginative piece on what a day in her favourite book would be like. And if you enjoy what you read here be sure and check out more of Library Luv's musings and reviews over on her blog, as well as her previous guest post on my blog!

__________________


~ A guest post by Library Luv ~

As readers, I am sure all of us have dreamed about stepping inside your favourite book.

Dreamed about what it would be like to either be the main protagonist or even what it would be like to be the main antagonist. Some of us may even wonder what it would be like to be a side character or be the friend of the main character. Possibly dreamed about creating you own character for the story and allowing yourself to be friends with the other characters.

Dreamed about what it would be like to experience the world of your favourite story. Even to experience the story line itself.  

Well today that is exactly what I will be getting lucky enough to do. I get to think of what it would be like to spend a day in my favourite book and to interact with my some of my favourite characters.  

My all-time favourite fairy tale or Disney movie was Alice in Wonderland. The idea of being swept away and entering a new world ALWAYS fascinates me. A couple years ago I discovered an Alice in Wonderland spin-off and fell in love. If you know me as a reader, I am sure you have heard me rave about this series many times.   

If I could step into any book for a day and live in the world that an author created, I would choose Splintered by A.G. Howard.

Now time to actually experience the world itself.  

If you haven’t read Splintered by A.G. Howard than you wouldn’t know that there is a special way to get down the rabbit hole. You must:
Find the rabbit hole….   
With the touch of a feather, you can enter the nether.   
The time must be right, or you’ll be here all night.”  
After I have completed the tasks, I would fall down the rabbit hole and right into the beautiful Morpheus’s arms. **swoony eyes** If only it could be that easy. Unfortunately I would have to find him myself since he would be only thinking about Alyssa.

As I cross treacherous forest and encounter some of the coolest (scariest) creatures Wonderland has to offer, I would come to the “lair of the caterpillar- the wisdom keeper of Wonderland.” It totally reeks of sweet licorice and there is smoke everywhere.  

I believe he would be quite shocked to find me there and probably would say something like:

~Insert British Accent here~ “Well you aren’t the little blossom whom I was seeking.”   

I would totally reply with some snarky comment. Anyway in the time that I was too busy staring and conversing with Morpheus, Alyssa would just happen to walk up right behind me. With her would be her fabulous fashion friend, Jenara.   

At this Morpheus would show us into his lovely home and have us for tea. This would be Jenara’s first time down the rabbit hole as well, so Al and Morpheus would be filling us in on information and all do’s and don’ts of Wonderland.   

I would ask for a tour the royal grounds, and how could they no to such a face. We would travel by mirror and have a ton of fun.   

Once seeing the official beautiful rebuilt palace and every inch of the new revamped Wonderland that Jeb also helped create. We would all be very hungry which means we would get to experience a meal that we wouldn’t be forgetting anytime soon.  

After me and Jenara experience our first Feast of Beasts, Al would insist on taking us to the graveyard where we can meet Sister One and hopefully not run into Sister Two. Long conversing led to a ton of tea drinking and losing track of time. Al and Jen must return back home, so I run off to find my dear Morpheus.  

Once I finally find him sitting peacefully by himself with a chessboard in front of him. I realize that it’s THE chessboard containing all of what Alyssa had to complete in order to successfully be the queen of wonderland. Morpheus would catch me staring and would ask if I wanted to experience some magic. I would say yes, and he would show me the pieces coming to life.  

After a long tiring day in wondering I would take up one the guest bedrooms at Morpheus’s. I would receive one that had a very strong scent of Licorice, ahhh the sweet licorice. I would return home eventually (the next day) and forever cherish my times.

That’s a very rushed day in Wonderland, and in the world that A.G. Howard created, but nonetheless it was a day well spent.   


Which book would you step into for a dayWhat’s just one thing you would want to experience in your favourite book? Let us know in the comments sections below!

__________________


About the blogger

Library Luv is a bookworm and a book blogger. 

She loves to read and get lost in many books. She has lived a thousand lives, and sometimes they are even better than reality.

You can connect with Library Luv over on her Twitter page.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Booknut for having me on your blog yet again! It's always a pleasure to work with you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...