Saturday 12 December 2015

Swoon Worthy Saturday ~ Robin LaFevers' Balthazar

Hosted by: Stay Bookish

It's Swoon Worthy Saturday!

Saturday is a day for swooning. Swoon Worthy Saturday is a weekly meme where in we present a fictional boy who has swept us off our feet, given us butterflies, made our heart do acrobatics and driven us absolutely crazy!

This Saturday's pick is the darkly mysterious Balthazar from author Robin LaFevers' book Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin #3)




About the guy

http://ffaasstt.swide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/michiel-huisman-22-hot-gifs-serious.gifBalthazar is the darkly mysterious leader of the Helloquins - a group of damned souls seeking redemption. (So I thought a gif of the swoonworthy Michiel Huisman would be rather fitting!)

Balthazar befriends the book's heroine Annith on her journey. But a sea of secrets lies between them, making it difficult for a true friendship - or romance - to blossom.

Here is one of my favourite Balthazar quotes:

'"I do not understand you. Sometimes I cannot tell if you hate me or wish devour me."   
"Both," he whispers, and I can feel the heat of him draw closer.   
I open my mouth to tell him he is standing too close, but instead I find myself saying, "I am glad you are here."   
He grasps my arms with his hands - hard - and pulls me even closer so that our bodies touch and I can feel the swish of my skirts as they tangle around his legs.   
"What spell have you cast over me that I have no choice but to gallop after you across the countryside like some lovesick hound?"   
My heart tumbles excitedly at his words. "I thought you said you were not hunting me?"   
"Hunting. Following." Disgust at himself is thick in his voice. "Either way, I will have none of it." He gives me a little shake with each word, as if he can throw off the hold he claims that I have over him. And then, without any warning at all, he presses his lips against mine.' 

https://livelaughandlovebooks.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/well-give-you-moment-squeal-over-her.gif?w=604




Did you swoon? Have you read the His Fair Assassin series? Let me know in the comment's section below!

Also, be sure to let me know which fictional male you think I should blog about next ;)

 


About the book


Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death.

But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. 

Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own. 

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has... 

You can read my review of the book here.

Add it to your bookshelf!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...