Sunday 2 November 2014

Quick Picks ~ Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice by Stacy King

Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice
Adaption by Stacy King (Illustrations by Po Tse)

Rating: 4.8


"You are not the last man I could ever marry, but the only one. Indeed, I am ashamed of what I said then, for I was more wrong than I have ever been in all my life."

"Then do me the honour of becoming my wife!"


 
Experience the classic Austen tale like never before! 

I am a devoted Pride and Prejudice fan. I also love reading manga any chance I get. So when I discovered that someone has combined the two, I was over the moon with happiness. 

How could it get any better than this?!

Manga Classics has created a fun and engaging adaption of Austen's novel. This adaptation is includes:

#1: An extremely dashing Mr. Darcy (whose hair is simply amazing)
         
Look at that hair...just look at it!! It's like a living entity on the top of his head XD

#2: Bingley trying very hard to get Jane to notice him (with Elizabeth getting in the way!)
Poor Bingley!

#3: Elizabeth's priceless 'I am not amused' face during Darcy's failed proposal:

Proof that Darcy should have taken the Proposal Writing 101 class.

#4: A hysterical Mrs. Bennet

Mrs Bennet tries out for the brand new TV show 'Housewives of Regency' ;)

#5: The Bennet's comedic reaction to Mr. Collin's arrival (& Mr. Collin's hair curl) 


Mr. Collins - the life of every party!

The graphic novel is filled with so many hilarious and imaginative takes on Pride and Prejudice's plot and characters. I highly recommend it to all Jane Austen and manga fans alike.


**A big thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review such an entertaining book.**

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love this quick pick review. His hair sure does look awesome xD And I haven't read this classic yet, but I intend to! Mangas are awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is a manga for everything, isn't there? xD (I should get back to reading manga again!)

    - Love, Felicia
    ( http://asillygirlsthoughts.weebly.com/ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does seem to be the case! I keep finding manga-fied (is that even a word?!) versions of classic books, tv shows, etc. And it's exciting to see the storylines again through the different 'perspective' of manga.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...