Wednesday 19 November 2014

Waiting On Wednesday ~ Verum by Courtney Cole

Waiting On Wednesday is here! 

Hosted by Breaking the Spine, Waiting on Wednesday is a chance for me to showcase some of the books sitting on my overflowing to-read list...so you can add them to your steadily growing to-read lists! 


This week's pick is Verum by Courtney Cole. 


Verum is the second book in Ms. Cole's NA mystery romance series, The Nocte Trilogy

The book is to be released on February 2nd 2015.


About this book:

'The truth shall set you free.

My name is Calla Price and I’m drowning.

My new world is a dark, dark ocean and I’m being pulled under by secrets.

Can I trust anyone? I don’t know anymore.

The lies are spirals. They twist and turn, binding me with their thorns and serpentine tongues. And just when I think I have it figured out, everything is pulled out from under me.

I’m entangled in the darkness.

But the truth will set me free.

It’s just ahead of me, so close I can touch it. But even though it shines and glimmers, it has glistening fangs and I know it will shred me.

Are you scared?

I am.
(x)

I just wanted to take a second to appreciate that gorgeous cover - isn't it stunning?! Haunting, intriguing...it certainly captures the essence of the series. 


Having read the first book Nocte (and having experienced its killer cliffhanger ending!) I'm definitely waiting in anticipation for Verum and cannot wait to see what Courtney Cole has in store for us readers next.


Will you be adding this book to your TBR list? Let me know below!

2 comments:

  1. The cover does look haunting but I just couldn't help to notice the ribs on the model. It made me cringe a bit, not gonna lie LOL But other than that, I've never heard of Courtney Cole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's an amazing author. As for the model, I think it's a reflection of the main protagonist (who has severe issues, etc.) - the sight, though, does make you cringe a little, I agree!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...