Wednesday 5 November 2014

Waiting On Wednesday ~ Undeniably Chosen by Shelly Crane

Waiting On Wednesday is here! 

Hosted by Breaking the Spine, Waiting on Wednesday is a chance for me to showcase some of the books sitting on my overflowing to-read list...so you can add them to your steadily growing to-read lists! 

This week's pick is Undeniably Chosen by Shelly Crane. Undeniably Chosen is the fifth YA paranormal romance book in the Significance series. 

The book's official release date hasn't been set yet, but the author has said she's aiming for it to be released towards the end of 2014. 

The original pairing from the previous books in the series, Caleb and Maggie, got their happy ending. Undeniably Chosen focused on their daughter, Ava Jacobson, and her relationship with the handsome Seth Watson. 

Their bond aside, Ava and Seth are from warring sides (very Romeo and Juliet-esque!) which adds new complications. The Watsons and the Jacobsons have a long and bitter feud. Can Ava and Seth kind a way to stay together without everything falling apart?

I am so, so excited for this book! Shelly Crane recently posted an Undeniably Chosen sneak peek over on her blog. One of my fave parts from it has to be:

'I felt the drop of a warm tear on my hand before I even realized I was crying. I wiped it away and looked up to find Seth had done a complete one-eighty. Apparently, seeing that tear had done him in. 
With my family there watching, he didn’t care a lick. He came and knelt at my feet. His warm hand wrapped around the back of my calf while the other came and went straight to my cheek. 
I sucked in a short, quick, embarrassing breath when his skin hit mine. He on the other hand let out the tiniest of groans. His thumb swept under my eye twice and he watched his movements as he cleaned up every drop. 
“Ava,” he said my name under his breath, “this whole time I’ve selfishly been pouting about how this was effecting me and my family. I’m so sorry. This involves you and your family, too. No matter what happened in the past, that doesn’t matter now. I’m sorry I yelled at you.” He squinted, as if that caused him pain to think about. It was fascinating to watch. “Can we just move forward, please? We found each other.” 
He looked down and smiled before looked back up. “I found you. And I trust that more than I trust anything. So no matter what happens, this is meant to be. You’re mine now. So can we just start over and pretend that today never happened?

He's just so...perfect

I thought that Caleb had stolen my heart completely. Turns out he didn't...'cause I think Seth just stole the rest. 




______________

About this book:

'Ava has watched her parents, Caleb and Maggie, live the perfect fairy tale, the perfect love story, played out in front of her eyes her entire life. Her family is love, life, and happiness. The Jacobsons are everything a family should be and Ava is loved and well taken care of. But the one thing that’s missing from her life is the one thing she’s waited for every day, the one thing her kind knows will make them complete, the one thing they thought was gone and lost forever.

Her significant.

Seth has lived with the Watsons his entire life. They’re the only family he knows, but he knows that there are things they keep from him. He knows that they lie and they do unspeakable evil, things from when he was a child that he can barely remember that cling to the edges of his memory. 

He barely remembers his real mother and all he knows is what he’s told. He doesn’t know what to trust. He wants to believe that the Watsons love and care for him, have his best interest at heart, but isn’t so sure of that anymore when he finally—after a lifetime of waiting for her—meets his soulmate, and the Watson’s first act is to try to take her away from him.

The Virtuoso worlds collide, hearts are exposed, humans are endangered, and the lives of Seth and Ava are changed forever. They’ll have to love without judgment or reservation, they’ll have to be wise and accepting beyond their years, they’ll have to forgive for things before they’ve even happened, they’ll have to trust without seeing, have faith without knowing, and they’ll have to light their own way in the dark when everyone else is blind to show them the way.

And more than anything else…they’ll fight like hell to keep each other.'(x)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...