Thursday 13 November 2014

Thursday Quotables ~ Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe

Hosted by BookshelfFantasies

It's Thursday Quotables today! Thursday Quotables is all about sharing a favorite quote, line, or passage from your reading each week. You know it's a good read when you come across a bunch of memorable quotes!

Today's quote comes from Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe. Earth & Sky is a YA sci-fi fantasy novel centred on seventeen-year-old Skylar, who has been haunted for as long as she can remember by fleeting yet powerful sensations that something is horribly wrong.

The quote I'm picking to share is one that describes this sensation Skylar experiences. I loved the sentence construction, the choice of words...everything! 

'And then the hallway explodes in a blaze of heat and light.
It smacks into me, my vision going white and my skin sizzling and my head aching as if someone's socked me with a brick. A siren call of WRONG, WRONG, WRONG blares over all that, drowning out every other sound. 
I can't breathe. My legs wobble. I gulp for air and a squeak slips from my throat. 
That noise brings me back. My fingers - they're clutching the window frame. Cool, polished wood. Two tiny nicks in the surface under my thumb. The tiled floor is firm beneath my feet, flat except for the crack at the edge of my right heel. 
I'm here, in the courthouse. It's not on fire. It hasn't blown apart. 
The blaring wrongness recedes, just a little.


What did you think of this quote? Have you read Earth & Sky, or do you plan to? Let me know your thoughts below!
__________

About this book


'Seventeen-year-old Skylar has been haunted for as long as she can remember by fleeting yet powerful sensations that something is horribly wrong. But despite the panic attacks tormenting her, nothing ever happens, and Sky’s beginning to think she’s crazy. 

Then she meets a mysterious, otherworldly boy named Win and discovers the shocking truth her premonitions have tapped into: our world no longer belongs to us. 

For thousands of years, Earth has been at the mercy of alien scientists who care nothing for its inhabitants and are using us as the unwitting subjects of their time-manipulating experiments. 

Win belongs to a rebel faction seeking to put a stop to it, and he needs Skylar’s help--but with each shift in the past, the very fabric of reality is unraveling, and soon there may be no Earth left to save.' (x)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your background with all the books! :p
    Chelsea @ http://abooktastic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...