Saturday 19 May 2012

UNTIL I DIE (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum REVIEW

RATING: 4.9


Firstly - I'm in love with Jules. And yes, you can add him to the long list of guy characters who I am irrevocably in love with - but you can tease me later! I have just finished the second instalment in the series, and let me just Until I Die is TO DIE FOR!

Kate is as happy as any girl in love - the numa are a distant threat and with Vincent by her side, Kate is feeling good about their chances together. But being in love with a revenant is difficult for all involved. Vincent is trying to fight the urge to die for Kate's sake, and Kate is torn between asking him to stop and allowing him to continue to drain himself. Does she love him enough to put his needs before hers? And after seeing, reading, researching and thinking about the love between Humans and Revenants, Kate wonders whether it's worth it - for her to love Vincent and for him to love her when one say, she will die. Both of them secretly begin searching for cures, for ways out of the conundrum their relationship has turned into. 

But they're running out of time. The numa are attacking once again, robberies and break ins are frequent occurrences and Katie has a feeling that there is someone behind it all. Could it even be one of the Revenants she knows? Can she even trust those who are closest to her? The love story is in for a romantic rollercoaster on a journey that is one part thriller, one part paranormal and two parts romance! 

My favourite quotes:

- "Natural talent!" crowed Vincent, sweeping my sweaty self up into his arms and pacing across the room, holding me like a trophy. "Of course my girlfriend's got it. In truckloads! How else could she have slain a giant evil zombie, single-handedly saving my undead body?"

- "How about I take you to my studio? Much less dangerous. Plus, I need a model and you could sit for me."
"You want me to sit for a portrait?" I asked stunned.
"Actually, at the moment I'm concentrating on full-length nudes, in the spirit of Modigliani," Jules said. He was making an effort to keep a straight face. "Just kidding, Kates. You're a lady."
Jules was trying the guilt-trip method of attack. And it was working.
"Ok I'll pose for you," I conceded. "But under no circumstances will any article of clothing leave my body whilst I am in your studio."
"And if you're elsewhere?" he asked, breaking into a sly smile.
I rolled my eyes.

- "And I've got THIS," I pulled out the signum and held it up for him to see, "that says I'm kindred. And I've got THIS," I pointed at my head, "that says I'm as smart as you. And I have THIS," I held up my middle finger, "that says go to hell, you immortal bigot."
And with that I spun around and stomped out the door, filing the expression on Arthur's face in a mental folder labeled "Kate's Proudest Moments".

2 comments:

  1. great review i'm irrevocably in love with this book...

    Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked reading this one, except for the ending aaah lol, I can't wait to find out what happens next....

    your newest follower,
    Kristin
    youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...