Tuesday 24 November 2015

The Beautiful Bloggers Tag ~ Day 9: Aimee


Welcome to the Beautiful Bloggers tag

This a blog tag dedicated to bloggers who have beautiful blogs and beautiful hearts. They're bloggers who are genuinely passionate about blogging and interact in a thoughtful manner with their followers and fellow bloggers. The tag is all about getting to know them and their blogs better.

Today's blogger is Aimee


Aimee is a short and crazy Asian book blogger over at the Deadly Darlings blog. There she reviews a variety of fiction (mainly YA) alongside her fellow co-bloggers.

I got the chance to have a fun chat with Aimee and to learn more about her and her amazing blog. Check out the interview below!
  
 _____________________


The Interview



1) Describe your blog for us. How did you start it up and come up with its title?   

Back when I was a newbie Goodreads.com user in 2011, I was already avidly discovering and following a handful of book blogs. I looked up to these bloggers--I mean, it takes guts to spill out all your honest thoughts in a place where anyone can see what you're writing. And then, finally, I decided that I wanted to give blogging a shot as well.  

In 2013, Deadly Darlings was born. It actually started out as The Shadower's Shelf, then Read by the Undead the year after, until I finally decided on Deadly Darlings.  

The reason behind my blog name is pretty shallow--first of all, when I saw the Monster theme on Wordpress, I fell in love with it and decided to go with a "horror" theme. And I love alliterations, so.      


2) What are three interesting facts about you?   

   1. I've fractured my left arm once because I fell down a ramp (which I was running down in heels).

   2. I'm super tiny--4'10" with size 4 1/2 feet.

   3. I currently own around 400-500 books, which are all shoved in my 2 1/2 shelves.


3) What do you love most about blogging?   

I LOVE meeting new people from all over the world. I never thought I would make this amount of friends, from countries that I've never even been to, and blogging made that happen. It's amazing to see us all come together to share our passion for reading.


4) What has been the best moment of your blogging career so far?   

I don't really have a "best" moment in particular, but every time someone decides to feature me on their blog (like you--hugs!!), leave thoughtful comments on my posts, sends me heartwarming friend requests, or even just chats to see how I'm doing--my day's instantly made. :)


5) What makes a book beautiful to you?   

A book is "beautiful" to me if it manages to send across a message that will change a reader's life for the better.


6) If you were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your basic game plan for survival?   

I totally wouldn't have one and would probably die first. xD


7) Which book character would you pick as a date?   

PERCY JACKSON HANDS DOWN. I can already seeing him being so sweet and adorably awkward. *dreamy sigh* Sorry, Annabeth.      


8) Which book character have you related to the most?   

It's so hard to pick just one, but I'd have to say Simon from Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. He's just constantly confused about life (like me!), and has some pretty fab-but-also-weird friends (like me!), is super awkward (like me!), and is just generally awesome (obviously like me!).


9) If you could act in a movie adaptation of any book, what book would it be and what character would you be cast as?   

I would totally win at playing Rose from Vampire Academy, if they ever decide to remake that horrid, horrid adaptation. Her sass is so me and her character would totally come to me naturally. Also, bonus points because my male lead will surely be gorgeous and protective. ;)
         

10) If you could say anything to the people out there who follow your blog, what would it be?   


THANK YOU. A thousand times, thank you! I adore you all for supporting me and my weird rambling, and I just want you guys to know that you're all why I'm still happily blogging. :)


A big thank you to Aimee for collaborating with me on this post!


Don't forget that you can connect with Aimee via her: 
_____________________



Check out some of the other posts on the Beautiful Bloggers tag:

Day 1 | Day 2 Day 3 | Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Day 7 | Day 8 | Day 10 | Day 11 | Day 12 | Day 13 |


 _____________________



Have you discovered a new blog to add to your list? Do you have one to nominate for this tag? 

Let me know in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...