Saturday 30 April 2016

Swoon Worthy Saturday ~ Maxton from The Other Side Of Gravity by Shelly Crane



It's Swoon Worthy Saturday!

Swoon Worthy Saturday is a weekly meme hosted by Stay Bookish where in we present a fictional boy who has swept us off our feet, given us butterflies, made our heart do acrobatics and driven us absolutely crazy!

https://49.media.tumblr.com/931d3139f7c74cb2814bb4df7a54c368/tumblr_nt2hxldTH31t2smr4o1_500.gif

This Saturday's pick is the good-hearted Maxton from author Shelly Crane's book The Other Side Of Gravity (Oxygen #1)





In The Other Side Of Gravity Shelly Crane introduces us to a soulless planet, where beneath the rigid order and fear a thriving black market beckons. Engaging in the planet's black market is a risky business, and one that only pays off if you don't think of anyone but yourself.

Maxton is a trader. He knows that it's every man for himself out here, but when he crosses paths with Sophelia, a stowaway, his life changes.

From the moment we, the reader, meet Maxton we're not sure whether we can trust his caring nature or his good looks. I love this description of Maxton through Sophelia's eyes:


'I looked at him, at his dark hair that was short on the sides but long on top and a little spiked and wild, like he’d run his fingers through it. His skin was tan, his lips full and…sigh-worthy. His neck—you could see how strong it was and his Adam’s apple was prominent. You could tell, even through his shirt, how strong he was, that he worked for what he had. That bird tattoo on his arm that looked out at me as it flew.
I finally looked up into his blue eyes. They were so sad, but hopeful at the same time. He was jaded, yes, this life had changed him, sure, but there was still a spark in him that wanted to believe that life could offer him something, a challenge, an adventure, something worth living for.'


But despite the ups and downs in his and Sophelia's relationship, Maxton proves himself time and time again to be both courageous and honourable.

Oh, and just in case you need another reason to love him...he also speaks with a brogue accent!

https://media.giphy.com/media/avO0kNejIp75m/giphy.gif

Maxton also has a way with words. When I read this part from Maxton's POV I swooned so hard!


“You wouldn’t go back?” she asked. “You wouldn’t go back and do things differently. Your life?” She looked up at me, right into my eyes. “Change the way we met, everything that’s happened to get us here?”
I shook my head hard. “No,” I said softly, contradicting my body’s reaction. “I wouldn’t change a thing. If one small detail of our story was different then we might not have met at all. And that would have been a tragedy. Something I don’t even want to think about.”
She sniffed. “Me neither,” she whispered so low I barely heard her. 
I took her face in my hands once more. “Give me the breath in your lungs, all the steps you took to get here, the only heart you’ve got, your very soul. I want all there is, Soph.”

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md78r1WPXY1rjpl2xo1_500.gif





My name is Maxton and I’m a trader.

I live on a soulless planet where gravity, oxygen, and everything else are sold to the highest bidder on the black market. People are sold on the black market, too. You have to work really hard not to become one of those people. Pay your taxes, keep your friends and family close, and more than anything else—don’t get caught by the Militia. But all the rules changed for me the day I found her.

My name is Sophelia and I’m a stowaway.

I’ve been a slave for almost as long as I can remember. Waiting for the one day, one second, for my proprietor to turn his head so I could run and never look back. Now I'm on the run. And on a planet where no one is on your side and people would turn you in for a good meal or a piece of a silver, being on the run on Landu is the last place you want to be. Until he found me.

I won't survive without him.

I can't breathe without her.





Did you swoon because I know I did!? Have you read The Other Side Of Gravity

Let me know in the comment's section below!



Also, be sure to let me know which fictional male you think I should blog about next ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...